Forest School Training - Level 3 Leader Training
Who is it for?
Professionals who want to do Forest School in their workplace who meet the criteria set out below.
To achieve this course you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be over 21 years old
- If working with children a Level 3 childcare/play work qualification & experience of working with young is essential.
- For teenagers & adults a relevant Level 3 qualification is required or equivalent experience
- If working with learners with learning difficulties & disabilities, have a relevant qualification & experience of these groups
- Attend the lessons over 5 days
- Attend 2 "Tutorial & Skills" follow up days
- Teach 6 sessions of 1.5 hours with your chosen client group
- Be assessed practically during a 1.5 hour lesson
- Complete all Assessment Criteria within 12 months of commencement of course
- On completion of the course you must provide proof of current Police Check
- On completion of the course you must provide proof of a relevant outdoor First Aid Certification ie First Aid at Work (usually a 4 day course) or Outdoor First Aid (usually 16 hrs)
- You will need to access the relevant client group in order to complete assignments
Where can it lead?
Practising Forest School Leader.
How will you study?
Attend either 5 consecutive days or one day per week for 5 weeks. Complete Assignment work in a portfolio of evidence (approximately 50 hrs of study). Be assessed practically doing a Forest School session in your workplace. Be assessed practically on the course.
£875.00 per person + VAT including OCN registration.
Potential funding possibilities local to you
- Local Authority
- Local Council
- LEA Funding
- Working Woodland Trusts
- Sustainable Development Groups
Ring Chris to book your place or contact us here.