Forest School Training - Level 3 Leader Training
Who is it for?
Professionals who want to do Forest School in their workplace who meet the criteria set out below.
To achieve this course you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be over 21 years old
- If working with children a Level 3 childcare/play work qualification & experience of working with young is essential.
- For teenagers & adults a relevant Level 3 qualification is required or equivalent experience
- If working with learners with learning difficulties & disabilities, have a relevant qualification & experience of these groups
- Complete the Online Module
- Attend the lessons over 4 Training days
- Attend 2 "Tutorial & Skills" follow up days
- Teach 6 sessions of 1.5 hours with your chosen client group
- Be assessed practically during a 1.5 hour lesson
- Complete all Assessment Criteria within 12 months of commencement of course
- You must provide proof of current Police Check
- You must provide proof of a relevant outdoor First Aid Certification ie 12 Hour Paediatric First Aid or Outdoor Paediatric First Aid
- You will need to access the relevant client group in order to complete assignments and the final part of the course - implimeting forest school in your educational setting.
Where can it lead?
Practising Forest School Leader.
How will you study?
Complete the Online Module including Assignment work as well as complete a Health and Safety Handbook with Risk assessment as well as create some resources for your area (approximately 50 hrs of study). Be assessed/ observed practically doing a Forest School session in your workplace. Be assessed/ observed practically on the course.
£875.00 per person + VAT including registration.
Potential funding possibilities local to you
- Local Authority
- Local Council
- LEA Funding
- Working Woodland Trusts
- Sustainable Development Groups
Contact us to book your place or for more information on courses: email@example.com